Harvard Referencing Style
The Harvard referencing style is the most commonly used amongst the different types of parenthetical referencing systems. This is also the preferred type of referencing for non-scientific subjects in most UK universities.
The Harvard referencing style uses the ‘parenthetical’ or ‘author-date’ method where the author's surname, followed by the year of publication, are indicated after the relevant text with its corresponding entries listed alphabetically in a Reference List at the end of the written work. A bibliography, also arranged alphabetically, may also be included to list other materials or sources that were consulted for the particular work, regardless of its inclusion in the essay's content.
When using Harvard style, one has to credit or acknowledge the reference used by:
- Citing the reference used within the text.
- Listing all the references cited within the text at the end of the written work.
For both in-text citation and reference list, details such as title, complete author's name, publishing company, etc. will vary according to the type of source used.
Essay Writer has been offering custom writing services since 2001 and we have completed thousands of essays, reports, proposals and dissertations using the Harvard referencing style. To ensure that your work meets your university’s exacting standards, have an Essay Writer expert assist you with your essay writing requirements!
We offer 19 industry-leading guarantees for all custom writing orders that require Harvard referencing style. Some of these are:
- Full reference list in Harvard referencing format
- Free assistance in locating copies of references used in the work
- 100% original and plagiarism-free work
- On-time delivery, all the time
- Never resold, published or available anywhere else
- Only qualified UK writer helping you with your work!
- 100% confidential service
To request for Harvard referencing style for your custom writing order, please specify this in the ‘Extra Information’ section of the order form. Please note some universities follow their own variation of Harvard referencing style, hence, if this is the case you will need to indicate this information on the form. Place your order today!