It is time to bid farewell to worry-free summer vacation and say hello to the start of the autumn term. As academic year 2017-2018 commences, new educational adventures and experiences await you! Whether you are a freshman or returning to uni, your student calendar is definitely going to be busy.
Each year, we at Essay Writer offer relevant advice, tips and services to help uni students excel in their studies. The start of the term can elicit mixed feelings. You may feel excited and happy as you start fresh and get closer to your goals. However, anxiety and insecurity are also natural emotions because you are uncertain about the future. Allow us to offer some tips as you gear up for a challenging yet fulfilling academic year.
Tips for Autumn Term Start
Beginnings tend to be hard for (almost) everyone because we don’t know what to expect. May it be starting a new diet or exercise regimen, saving money, writing a paper… you name it! Nothing in life comes easy, which makes every success valuable. Once you get over the first-day hump, everything gets more manageable. Here are a few tips for the start of Autumn Term:
- For freshman students, welcome to university life! Realistically speaking, uni is a lot different from high school. Tutors expect students to be independent so it basically means they won’t be reminding you of your projects or homework. Nonetheless, they will appreciate it if you ask for help so don’t hesitate to do so.
- Participate in social activities, join clubs and make friends. While academics are important, socialising also impacts your entire university experience. Being independent does not mean isolating yourself from other people. You need friends to lean on during tough times especially when you are far from family. They can also be your trusted study buddies you can trade ideas/opinions with. For international students, it is important to join orientation programs so you can settle in more easily.
- Be organised. Make sure you keep your dorm room clean and orderly because clutter makes studying and concentrating difficult. Also take time to establish a realistic yet ideal schedule that will make your life simpler.
- Use social media to your advantage. There are uni students who get off Facebook or Twitter when the academic year starts, not realising its benefits. Look for Facebook groups that will be helpful for you like those that post lecture/study schedules and supplementary notes.
- Take care of yourself by eating properly, being physically active and getting enough sleep/rest. The last thing you want is getting sick in university when you are away from family. Make sure you are healthy so you don’t miss important classes and you have the energy to study.
Essay Writer wishes you the best for the upcoming academic year! Should you need academic writing assistance, do not hesitate to contact us. Please take time to check our services for future reference.